The history of the Leupold company began in 1907, when Fred Leupold established a little shop at the 5th Oak Streets in Portland, Oregon. Soon joined by his brother-in-law, Adam Voelpel, and a bit later by John Stevens the company started developing, though it didn’t produce any rifle scopes at that time.
The first commercial Leupold rifle scope was manufactured in 1947. It was called the 2.5x Plainsman and appeared after Marcus Leupold missed a shot at an Oregon blacktail because of fogged lenses.
Nowadays, this tiny Oregon company has become a world power in sporting optics, producing telescopic sights or scopes, red dot sights, spotting scopes and binoculars. Leupold offers about two dozen lines of magnifying scopes, excluding reflex red-dot sights and non-magnifying scopes.
The most substantial evidence of the high quality of Leupold rifle scopes is its use in US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps and the Secret Service.
Regardless rather long history, the corporate slogan of the company remains the same: “The customer is entitled to a square deal.”
This rifle scope is one of the most popular ones in the line of VX-I scopes manufactured by the Leupold company. It offers you a professional performance while being sold at an amazingly low price! The scope is the best choice for a precise shooting at small targets, for example, rabbits or squirrels.
Advantages of the Leupold VX-I:
- Leupold’s Fine Duplex reticle for the most accurate aiming;
- Quantum Optical System with lead-free glass and fully multi-coated lenses provide you with bright and contrast images;
- Finger-adjustable dials let you adjust or zero your scope within a minute;
- Leupold’s classic lockable eyepiece guarantees a steady focus;
- The scope is water- and fog- proof for hunting in any environmental conditions;
- The eye relief is perfect.
The only small shortcomings are an unadjustable parallax and mounting rings, which are not included in the package.
This one the best cheap rifle scopes developed by Leupold you could ever dream of. The scope combines all the significant features the right one really needs to provide you with a shooting success. Leupold won its fame mainly by introducing waterproof and fog-proof technologies to the public (he was a pioneer here, nevertheless his technologies have become a standard for all rifle scopes).
Featuring tactile power indicators, fingertip windage, and elevation adjustable controls, settings for low light environmental conditions and MultiCoat 4 lens coatings for a perfect light transmission, Leupold VX-2 3-9×40 Rifle Scope worth every single dollar paid for it.
The VX-3 is one of the last Leupold’s “great hunting scope” lines. This line is the largest with 25 different scope models ranging from 1.5-5×20 to 8.5-25×50.
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10×50 – affordable, but still effective – is believed to be a new standard in rifle scope performance.
The scope possesses a host of amazing features and characteristics including an Xtended Twilight Lens System, DiamondCoat 2 lens coating, blackened lens edges and, in addition, a second generation water&fog protection.
It also has a Second focal plane Duplex reticle (does not change its size when zooming in or out), finger adjustable turrets alongside zero resettable ones.
Leupold VX-R is one more scope designed to deliver you great results in the process of short-range shooting. Moreover, it is an ideal variant for widely used AR-15 rifle and its modifications.
The scope features a unique Red-dot Motion Sensor technology, which turns off the light if no motion is detected for 5 minutes and returns to the last settings when touched.
- 1.5 x 4 Magnification;
- FireDot Illuminated Reticle, which has eight levels of intensity enabling you to choose the right one in case of certain light conditions;
- DiamondCoat exterior lenses provide you the perfect light transmission and crisp images.
The scope comes with no lens covers, but you will not be troubled to find proper ones.
Here is another perfect mid-priced long-range rifle scope manufactured by the Leupold company. This scope is highly qualified regardless its price range.
ADVANTAGES LEUPOLD MARK AR POSSES:
- The sharpest optics featuring Multicoat 4 lens coating system that increases the amount of the light reaching your eyes.
- Variable 6-18x magnification.
- A second focal plane Mil-Dot reticle, which remains the same size regardless of the magnification.
- This scope will work on any rifle, all you will need is to buy a proper turret for your specific caliber.
The disadvantage of the scope lies in the absence of lens covers.