The answer to the question stated in the title of our article is definitely YES. A significant feature of the rifle scope with a rangefinder consists in capability to measure the distance between a hunter and a desirable target (either estimate or calculate digitally). Such scope will not only save your time and money (no more need to buy a costly separate rangefinder and carry an extra gear around) but will provide you with all the important characteristics for the most precise shooting.
The high-quality rangefinder rifle scope can cost a pretty penny, however, you will not regret this purchase for sure. Below you can find some examples of the most popular scopes with a rangefinder.
This innovative rifle scope is considered number one among the line of scopes with a laser rangefinder. The scope features Yardage Pro laser rangefinder accompanied with a bullet-drop compensator and a fully multi-coated optics, which guarantees an amazing HD clarity and precision.
An amazing bonus is wireless trigger pad enabling you to activate the rangefinder easily in a second.
General features of the rifle scope:
- High-grade Mil-Dot reticle;
- 4-12x magnification;
- 30-800 yards/ meter range;
- Operates on one 3-volt battery (5,000 fires);
- Lens caps attached by dual bungee-style cords;
Here are some pros found by Amazon customers:
- The scope does not have any programming at all. It comes with elevation turrets that are calibrated for a range of cartridges, that it why there occur a bit of estimation for different bullet weights;
- The rifle scope seems to be a bit heavy.
- No device to for windage estimation, it is entirely up to you.
The next scope under review is a ballistic technology rifle scope manufactured by Burris. It was designed to provide you with ranging capabilities up to 800 yards.
The scope has a built-in laser rangefinder and a bullet drop compensator, which makes it very comfortable to use.
Moreover, the rifle scope is accompanied with a cartridge list. It means you are able to plug it into your computer, enter the exact brand and bullet information and the scope will automatically make adjustments for that exact round.
General features include:
- 5-10x magnification;
- Applied mounting hardware;
- Lifetime warranty;
As for failings, like the first scope reviewed above, it is also heavy. Besides, it should be at maximum magnification for the range finding and bullet drop compensator to work properly.
Burris Eliminator III was constructed to become the best and the most popular range finding rifle scopes.
The main advantage it features is an auto aim point technology (complemented with a red dot) that no other scope can offer you. This unique feature, including ballistic programming, makes the task of calculating the distance a lot easier. All you need to do is to place the sight on the target and press the calculate button. The scope will calculate windage and distance and will show you where to shot by lighting up one of the dots in the Mil-Dot reticle or below the windage line.
Some other advantages include:
• A brand-new X96 reticle;
• Great magnification range (4-16x) for your specific rifle load up to 1,200 yards.
• It suits any rifle with a picatinny rail on the top (you may also need to buy a riser adapter on Amazon).