Every experienced hunter knows that using a gun oil is very important as it will prevent your firearm from jamming, corrosion, and other irritating issues. However, the choice of the right oil is not that easy regarding the huge number of nowadays manufacturers. Don’t be too unhappy about it, because our experts made a list of top 5 best lubricants for you!
|Hoppes No. 9 Lubricating Oil||$||5|
|M-Pro 7 Gun Oil - LPX Made In US By M-Pro 7||$$||4.9|
|Remington Rem Oil Wipes||$$||4.5|
|Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant||$||4.8|
|Lucas Oil 10006 Gun Oill||$||4.7|
Hoppe’s oil is one of the most popular and efficient lubes available in the market today. It works great applied on firearms, fishing reels and any precision mechanisms that have metal-to-metal contact.
- The product is an oil of high-viscosity providing you with an economical consumption and extra-long service.
- It does not harden, gum up or become rancid.
- It allows for smooth action on metal parts whenever you use it.
- The bottle is small and fits well in your hunting bag or elsewhere (2-1/4 oz. squeeze one).
- The oil is 100% mineral.
- Some customers find the bottle tip too big and flat for precise applications.
- Besides, a couple of them received the oil bottle that was not closed tightly and had leaked.
M-Pro 7 is another high-grade gun oil that has won the favor of many customers worldwide. This lube is a bit expensive, however, lasts for a long time in comparison with the other ones (for example, 2 oz. bottle can last up to 3 years of regular usage).
It is believed to be the best gun oil for AR-15, Glock, 1911 rifles and shotguns, according to dozens of reviewers.
- The oil is a 3-in-1 product: it is a Cleaner – Lubricant – Protectant.
- It is quality tested and ensured for maximum durability, providing you with a perfect effect even in extreme environmental conditions.
- M-Pro 7 is fairly thick and also quite slick. The oil tends to stick where you want it even better than Hoppe’s lube, which flows more readily.
- The product ensures the highest possible protection against water, wear, and moisture, leaving a long-lasting film that repels dust&dirt and will not evaporate even after 500 rounds.
The only drawbacks of this oil are an easily leaking bottle and not precise applicator.
Rem Oil is a line of gun quality oils which is available in variable bottle sizes for the most precise and comfortable application. It comes in a form of:
– Plastic squeeze bottles which dispense one drop of oil at a time; such form is especially useful for lubricating small individual parts.
– Aerosol cans that help cover big areas.
– Oil wipes which are easy to use in the field and can be cut into pieces to make handy pore patches.
- The oil features an exclusive Teflon formula which provides a thin long-lasting film that penetrates into the smallest metal pores and keeps actions working smoothly.
- The product offers advanced moisture resistance and rust protection.
- It also cleans dirt and grime from exposed metal surfaces.
- The oil protects internal and external metal parts from corrosion.
- Some customers state that the oil dries too fast. It probably does leave the Teflon coating, but there is no evidence that any lube is present on the parts.
As appears from the name stated above Ballistol oil aerosol is a panacea for gun owners offering a high-quality lubrication as well as protection of metal, wood, leather and plastics.
This product creates a tough oil film on the surface of metals and is capable of creeping into the finest cracks and fractures. Moreover, unlike most lubes, it will protect even wet surfaces as the oil substance emulsifies with water and still stays behind when the water evaporates.
- Perfect for firearms and anything else.
- Slightly alkaline in nature.
- Reduces the effect of sweat and skin oils.
- The product is environmentally friendly being biodegradable.
- It is also perfect for all the domestic usage.
- The spray feature saves a little time and covers a larger area.
- The can only contains 1.5 oz.
- The smell of the oil is really disgusting.
- This product should not be used on nickel plated guns or guns with gold engraving.
Lucas gun oil was developed by company founder Forrest Lucas for some friends who enjoyed shooting machine guns and were having problems with heat-related malfunctions. Thus, the emphasis was put on durability, though the product is also thought to be a good bore and action cleaner.
The oil prevents jamming and over-heating in large machine guns and high caliber rifles.
It also has a water-repelling effect.
Does not evaporate and dry even during long-term storage.
The product is reasonably priced.
There is no irritating smell or order which is also very important.
The oil is suitable for household employment.
- The applicator tip is thick enough which sometimes prevents precision placement.
- The cap of the bottle should be fully tightened, otherwise, the product will run out.